|Price||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Years|
Est. Mortgage: $/month
Federal 30-year interest rate: 6.57% last updated on 2023-05-25
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- $2,225,000List Price
- 6,956Square Feet
Captivating French Provincial architecture is the hallmark of this 6,800 sq. ft 1866 Manor House occupying a commanding and picturesque view over 94 acres of pristine pastoral fields and the distant Taconic Mountain Range. The timeless and beautifully proportioned interiors feature extensive molding, solid oak flooring, eight fireplaces, nine bedrooms, seven baths, country kitchen and adjoining pantry, formal dining and living rooms. The private estate includes a three car garage, four bedroom caretakers cottage, artist studio and gunite in-ground pool. Set on the outskirts of the historic town of Bennington offering shopping, live theatre, restaurants, horseback riding and proximity to mountain and cross-country skiing. This is a rare opportunity to own an exquisite estate property with a myriad of possibilities as a family compound or country retreat. Only 45 minutes to Albany International Airport and approximately three hours to Manhattan and Boston. All measurements approximate.
Listed by Chris DeFelice and Elena Atwill of Four Seasons Sotheby's Int'l Realty
Ask A Question
- Parking Spaces4
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage
- Year Built1866
- Building ConstructionInsulation-Cellulose, Insulation-FiberglssBatt, Insulation-FiberglassBlwn, Insulation-Foam, Insulation-Foam/ClkAirSl
- Property StyleAntique
- Total Baths7
- Full Baths5
- Half Bath2
- Total Rooms18
- Square Feet6,956
- APX Unfin Below Grade2832
- BasementConcrete Floor, Stairs - Interior, Unfinished, Walkout, Interior Access, Exterior Access
- FoundationBelow Frost Line, Block, Brick, Concrete, Fieldstone, Granite, Insulated Concrete Forms, Poured Concrete, Slab - Concrete, Slab - Floating, Stone, Block w/ Skim Coating
- Heat FuelOil
- Heat SystemGas Heater, Gas Heater - Vented, Hot Water, Radiator, Steam, Furnace - Wood/Oil Combo
- WaterDrilled Well
- Water HeaterGas - LP/Bottle, Wood
- Sewer1000 Gallon, Concrete, Leach Field, Leach Field - Existing
- Electric200 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s), Net Meter
- UtilitiesFiber Optic Internt Avail, Gas - On-Site, Oil Tank - Underground
- Tax ReductionNo
- Surveyed Y/NYes
- PossessionAt Closing
- MLS Number4952077
- MLS StatusActive
- Property TypeSingle Family
- List Price$2,225,000
- Listing Agent NameChris DeFelice
- Broker NameFour Seasons Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- LM MST WGARDetached
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Blinds, Cedar Closet, Dining Area, Draperies, Fireplace - Screens/Equip, Fireplace - Wood, Furnished, Hearth, Kitchen/Family, Laundry Hook-ups, Light Fixtures -Enrgy Rtd, Lighting - T8 Fluorescent, Lighting Contrls -Respnsv, Living/Dining, Natural Light, Soaking T
- Room 1 TypeKitchen
- Room 1 Level1
- Room 1 Dimensions16'6" x 13'3"
- FloorsCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Tile, Wood
- Room 2 TypeOther
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions8'2" x 14'
- Room 3 TypeDining Room
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions27' x 17'
- Room 4 TypeLiving Room
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions13'9" x 22'x3"
- Room 5 TypeLibrary
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions13'4" x 15'4"
- Room 6 TypeFamily Room
- Room 6 Level1
- Room 6 Dimensions22'x9" x 14'
- Room 7 TypeFoyer
- Room 7 Level1
- Room 7 Dimensions9'5" x 11'
- Room 8 TypePlayroom
- Room 8 Level1
- Room 8 Dimensions11'x4" x 10'x5"
- Room 9 TypePrimary Bedroom
- Room 9 Level2
- Room 9 Dimensions13'x11" x 19'x11"
- Room 10 TypeBedroom
- Room 10 Level2
- Room 10 Dimensions14'x9'6"
- Room 11 TypeBedroom
- Room 11 Level2
- Room 11 Dimensions9x6" x 13'x8"
- Room 12 TypeBedroom
- Room 12 Level2
- Room 12 Dimensions12'x6" x 13'x10"
- Room 13 TypeBedroom
- Room 13 Level2
- Room 13 Dimensions13'x11" x 14'x9"
- Room 14 TypeBedroom
- Room 14 Level3
- Room 14 Dimensions12'x2" x 14'x5"
- Room 15 TypeBedroom
- Room 15 Level3
- Room 15 Dimensions12'x8" x 10"x7"
- Room 16 TypeBedroom
- Room 16 Level3
- Room 16 Dimensions12'x10" x 15'x3"
- Room 17 TypeBedroom
- Room 17 Level3
- Building Number1086
- StreetWest Road
- Flood Zone Y/NUnknown
- Lot DescriptionAgricultural, Airport Community, Conserved Land, Country Setting, Farm, Field/Pasture, Hilly, Landscaped, Major Road Frontage, Mountain View, Orchards, Timber, Trail/Near Trail, View, Walking Trails, Wooded
- Near ATV Trail
- Near Golf Course
- Near Hospital
- Near Paths
- Near Shopping
- Near Skiing
- Near Snowmobile Trails
- DrivewayCircular, Crushed Stone, Paved
- RoadsDirt, Gravel, Paved, Public
- Road Frontage2720
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsAgriculture, Farm, Farm - Horse/Animal, Field/Pasture, Orchards, Residential, Timber
- Exterior FeaturesGarden Space, Natural Shade, Outbuilding, Patio, Pool - In Ground, Shed, Window Screens, Windows - Double Pane, Windows - Energy Star, Windows - High Impact, Windows - Low E, Windows - Storm
- Exterior Colortan
- ExteriorBlock, Concrete, Glass, Granite, Hardwood
- RoofFlat, Membrane, Slate, Tar and Gravel
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom,1st Floor 3 Ft. Doors,1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr,3 Ft. Doors, Access Common Use Areas, Access Parking, Access Restrooms, Bathroom w/5 Ft. Diameter, Bathroom w/Step-in Shower, Bathroom w/Tub, Easy Grip Door Hardware, Hard Surface Flooring, Kitc
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- View Count1
Copyright 2023 PrimeMLS, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this display comes in part from the IDX Program of PrimeMLS. The information being provided is for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated June 1, 2023 5:53 AM EDT